- 1 head broccoli
- 6 to 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar, cut into very small chunks
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Trim off the large leaves from the broccoli stem. Remove the tough stalk at the end and wash broccoli head thoroughly. Cut the head into flowerets and the stem into bite-size pieces. Place in a large bowl. Add the crumbled bacon, onion, raisins if using, and cheese. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, stirring well. Add to broccoli mixture and toss gently.
Time to Prepare:
Submitted By: Luann
Original Source: Paula Deen
I took this to the family fourth get together this week. I came home with an empty bowl and requests for the recipe. I hope you guys enjoy it.