- 1.5 pounds Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pounds baby carrots, each cut in half or thirds
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 28-ounce can Italian style crushed tomatoes
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 can beef stock
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 package frozen ravioli (mine was Risotto's 4-cheese)
Brown onion and sausage together in a stock pot; drain off fat. Add carrots, herbs, tomatoes and stocks. Bring to a boil and cover. Lower heat and simmer until carrots are tender. Add ravioli and zucchini; bring back up to a boil and cook until ravioli are tender.
Time to Prepare: 45 minutes
Submitted By: Dellaina
Original Source: Me
The Italian sausage has enough salt in it, I didn't have to add any.
Greg - Very good recipe - everyone loved it