- 2 red beets, peeled and diced
- 1 Yukon gold potato, chopped into bite-size cubes
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 rib of celery, diced
- 1 cup of shredded green cabbage
- 4 cups of vegetable broth or organic chicken broth
- 1 cup of crushed tomatoes
- Fresh dill (optional)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until red beets and potatoes are tender, usually between 20 and 30 minutes.
Add fresh dill, sea salt, and black pepper just before serving, if desired.
Nutritional Information: Unknown but very, very healthy
Submitted By: Caitlynn
Original Source: Family recipe
Borscht is a Ukrainian/Russian soup. Very yummy.