Colby-Pepper Jack Cheese Dip aka Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (Couldn't find, so used some adobo seasoning)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded colby-Jack cheese blend
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeľo peppers, seeded and minced (I just used 1)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprig
- Tortilla chips
Preheat oven to 350*. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients until blended. Spoon cheese mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Spoon into a serving bowl. Garnish, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.
Note: Can make a day ahead and refrigerate until ready to bake.
Time to Prepare: 15 minutes (plus time to cook chicken)
Submitted By: Erin
Original Source: Southern Living
YUMMY!!! We ate every last bite of this when I made a bunch of appetizers for New Year's Eve. Leftovers would probably also be good rolled up in tortillas.