Cheesy Potato Casserole
- 1 package (2 lbs.) frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1/4 c. butter melted
- 2 c. corn flakes, lightly crushed
- 1/4 c. chopped onion (optional, original recipe says 1 cup!)
- 8 oz. shredded cheese (cheddar or cheddar jack)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (reduced-fat is fine)
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 pint sour cream (reduced-fat is fine)
Preheat oven to 350. Mix butter and corn flakes. Combine remaining ingredients in 9x13 pan. Sprinkle corn flake mixture on top. Bake 1 hour.
Nutritional Information: Probably pretty bad. But better with reduced-fat stuff, right? :)
Submitted By: Erin
Original Source: My great aunt, although the recipe is everywhere
For our family, I'll often cut this in half and cook in 8x8 pan. Still makes plenty plus leftovers.
Louann - the recipe sounds really good i am going to try it