Bacon and Corn Bread Stuffing
- 12 ounces raw bacon, diced
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 4 cups crumbled corn bread
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large saute pan over medium heat, fry bacon until crispy, about 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the onions, celery, and bell peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 6 to 9 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in garlic, thyme, parsley and green onions. Remove from the heat and turn into a mixing bowl. Stir in the corn bread and stock. Only add stock until the mixture is wet but not too wet. Mix thoroughly. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
Submitted By: Dellaina
Original Source: an adaptation of an Emeril Lagasse recipe
1/2 a 9x13 pan of cornbread will crumble into 4 cups.