Shrimp, Tortellini, and Spinach
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 lb. cooked cleaned medium shrimp
- 1 bag (6 oz.) (5 cups) baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package. Drain in colander; set aside. Heat dressing in same pan on medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook 1 min. Add tomatoes and shrimp; mix well. Bring just to boil. Stir in spinach; cover. Simmer 1 to 2 min. or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
Stir in pasta and basil; simmer, uncovered, 3 to 4 min. or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
Serve topped with cheese.
Time to Prepare: Prep: 5mins; Total: 25mins
Submitted By: Kyle
Original Source: Kraft Foods
Can substitute chicken for the shrimp.
While the tortellini is cooking, I saute the shrimp in a little olive oil and half the garlic. Once they're pink, I add the dressing and remaining garlic for 1 minute, then the tomatoes and continue on with the recipe. I also "lightly" drain the tomatoes and use more dressing--the dressing has more flavor than the tomato "juice".