Fusilli with Tomato, Basil, and Shrimp
- 10 oz uncooked fusilli, cut
- 1 pound(s) shrimp, large, peeled and deveined
- 3 large tomato(es), chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 medium scallion(s), chopped
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, Romano variety
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions, adding the shrimp during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain, then return the pasta and shrimp to the pot.
Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, scallions, vinegar, oil, cheese, salt, and pepper to the pasta and shrimp; mix well. Serve at once while still warm or cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours and serve chilled.
Servings: 6-1 1/3 cup servings
Time to Prepare: 30 minutes
Nutritional Information: 8 WW Points Plus
Submitted By: Kyle
Original Source: Weight Watchers
SO yummy and fresh! I use whole wheat rotini. I also don't like boiled shrimp (unless you're going to peel-n-eat!), so I don't put the shrimp in with the pasta to cook--instead I sautee the shrimp in the olive oil and garlic.