- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 3 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 stalks celery,diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 medium-size sweet red peppers
- 1 15-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 1 12-oz package andouille turkey (or chicken) sausage, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced (or 2tsp dried)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
Place onion, garlic, celery, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, rice, and sausage in the crockpot in that order.
Add hot sauce, thyme, salt, pepper, and water.
Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
One hour before it's finished cooking, toss in parsley and shrimp. Stir until well combined, adding more water if needed.
Nutritional Information: 300 calories, 6g fat (2g sat), 920mg sodium, 37g carbs, 4g fiber, 29g protein
Submitted By: Kyle
Original Source: Women's Health Magazine
Julie -- Made this for dinner tonight and it was fabulous! Even impressed my Mississippi raised hubby. Had to use pork andouille because I couldn't find chicken or turkey.