Asian Shrimp, Snowpeas, and Rice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced gingerroot
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound snow peas, ends trimmed
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Combine stock, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch and sesame oil in small bowl; mix well and set aside.
In large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat; add garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Add shrimp and sauté until pink, about 3 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add snow peas and water chestnuts; sauté 3 minutes.
Add stock mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until liquid has thickened and is no longer cloudy, about 3 more minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
Time to Prepare: 1 hour
Submitted By: Caitlynn
Susan - Cannot wait to try this!!