Nick's Italian Pasta Salad
- 16 oz box of bow-tie pasta
- 3/4 c. good extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. good balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbls. sugar
- 3 Tbls. Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbls. Dijon Mustard
- 1 purple onion, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, lightly peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2-3 small Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 7 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 1/2 lb. Genoa salami, cubed
- 1 red pepper, roasted, peeled, chopped
- 2 lg handfuls fresh basil, chiffonade
- garlic salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cook pasta in salted, boiling water according to package directions. Drain well and add to large pasta bowl.
In small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, ground pepper, dried basil, and Dijon mustard. Whisk well to combine and emulsify. Add vinaigrette to pasta in bowl and stir well to combine.
Chop remaining ingredients and add to pasta, stirring well after each addition. Season with garlic salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Cover well and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight. Stir pasta salad several times as it marinates to ensure that dressing does not pool in bottom of bowl.
Submitted By: Nicole
Original Source: Me!
This is a favorite of ours for BBQs in the summer!