Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
- 2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
- 1 (5.1-ounce) package cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
- 1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional
Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.
Servings: 20!!! (I usually cut it in 1/2 and it fits perfectly into my trifle bowl.)
Time to Prepare: Prep: 30 minutes; Cook: 30 minutes; Refridgerate overnight
Submitted By: Kyle
Original Source: Paula Deen
Perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas!