- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake at 350¡ for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; fold in the whipped cream. Spread over each cake. Top with pie filling. Chill 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 24-30 servings.
Servings: Makes 2 9"x13" cakes
Submitted By: Betsy
Original Source: Taste of Home
Would be good with another pie filling topping too, perhaps make two different flavors.