- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 8 (6-inch) pita breads, warmed
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (optional)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
To make the marinade, stir together 1 cup yogurt, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, and vinegar. Stir in the garlic, onion, pepper, red pepper flakes, mace, and salt. Marinate the chicken overnight in the refrigerator.
Place oven rack in the top position, and turn oven on to Broil.
To cook, drain the marinade from the meat, and place on a slotted broiler pan. Broil on top rack of preheated oven, turning after a few minutes, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
To assemble the schwarma, spread each pita with a tablespoon of plain yogurt, and layer with onion, tomato, and cucumber. Pile on the broiled chicken, and dress with Ranch dressing.
Time to Prepare: Prep-45mins Cook 5 mins
Submitted By: Caitlynn
Middle Eastern street wrap.....very yummy