Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- 3-4 cups of shredded or cubed cooked chicken
- 1 onion, halved then sliced thinly
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 3 - 7oz cans of whole green chilies coarsely chopped
- 8 oz red enchilada sauce, recommended "El Pato"
- 28 oz can of green chili enchilada sauce
- 18 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
Add onion and garlic to a pan with a little oil, cover with a lid and sweat for about 5 minutes until tender but not brown. Add the chicken, green chilies, red enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup of green sauce. Simmer for 15-20 minutes uncovered to combine all the flavors. Add a little water if the pan gets to dry. Turn off heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
Warm tortillas in microwave. Spoon filling into softened tortillas, roll and place in a 9x13 pan. Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas. This recipe makes a very full pan!!!
Top enchiladas with remaining green sauce and remaining cheese. Bake at 350 until bubbling.
Serve with salsa, sour cream, shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes!!!!!
Time to Prepare: 30 minutes plus baking time
Submitted By: Casey
Original Source: My Dad!
Anonymous - Delicious! I did add some diced jalapenos to give it a little kick!