Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
- 2 cups Gold Medal¨ all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Coarse sugar, if desired
Heat oven to 400F. Grease 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or line with paper baking cups.
In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Stir in pumpkin, oil, eggs, cranberries and pecans just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle coarse sugar evenly over batter in each cup.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan to cooling rack. Serve warm.
Submitted By: LauraM
Original Source: Betty Crocker