- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 can (15 ounces) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 pouch (6.5 ounces) Betty Crocker® cornbread & muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in beans and enchilada sauce.
Place beef mixture in 3 1/2- to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. In medium bowl, stir cornbread mix, milk, margarine and egg just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Stir cheese and chiles into batter. Spoon over beef mixture in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low heat setting 5 to 6 hours or until toothpick inserted in center of cornbread comes out clean. Serve with sour cream and green onions.
Time to Prepare: 15 minutes plus cooking time
Submitted By: Betsy
Original Source: Better Homes and Gardens website?