Orange Beef Stir Fry
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (took 1 orange)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 1 pound top or bottom round steak, cut into strips 2 inches long and 1/4 inch thick (NOTE - I used a cheaper cut and it was great)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 bunch (1 pound) broccoli, florets broken into small pieces (reserve stalks for another use)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), cut into strips 2 inches long and 1/4 inch wide
Cook rice according to package instructions; set aside. Meanwhile, in a small bowl or liquid-measuring cup, combine orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar; set aside. In a medium bowl, toss beef with cornstarch; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a large skillet, combine broccoli with 1 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over meium-high; cook, partially covered, until broccoli is bright green and crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a big plate. Discard any water in skillet; wipe dry.
In same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high. When pan is very hot, add half the beef; cook until browned, 2 to 4 minutes. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove beef to plate with broccoli. Repeat with remaining oil and remaining beef, but leave beef in skillet.
Return reserved beef and broccoli to skillet; add orange juice mixture and bell pepper. Continue cooking over high heat until sauce thickens, 2 to 4 minutes. Serve over rice.
Submitted By: Dellaina
Original Source: Everyday Food Magazine
Rachel - Made this tonight and absolutely loved it!!! I could not stop eating it! Thank you so much for sharing your recipes! Can't wait to try more!